What does Counterweight do?
○ We receive referrals of individuals facing a CSJ-related problem and take the details of their cases. We then direct them to the appropriate sources of advice including, if necessary, a legal or theoretical advisor, a mentor in their field or a formal or informal group.
○ We facilitate the formation of action groups within certain professions and help them develop their own networks to push back against CSJ.
○ We unite these separate groups under the Counterweight umbrella so that they can co-operate with each other.
○ We collaborate with other organisations that prize liberalism, freedom of speech and belief, science, reason and viewpoint diversity.
○ We keep up-to-date records of individual cases, policies and training programmes in order to build a picture of what precisely is happening and where.
○ We liaise with people at influential institutions, who keep us informed of developments in their fields.
○ We plan to help develop ‘non-woke’ employment schemes.
○ We research people’s legal rights and liaise with trade unions.
○ We solicit volunteers with various kinds of expertise, ranging from lawyers to artists. We are especially proud of our volunteer mental health support network.
○ We produce scholarly but accessible books, articles, podcasts and videos.