Last updated: November 16, 2021
Who we are
Counterweight Support Ltd is a private company limited by guarantee without share capital that is registered in England and Wales with the registered company number: 13143026 at the registered office 15a Station Road, Epping, Essex, United Kingdom, CM16 4HG. Counterweight Support Ltd’s nature of business is research and experimental development on social sciences and humanities.
The Service and its original content, features and functionality are and will remain the exclusive property of Counterweight and its licensors.
‘Links to Other Websites’
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by Counterweight. Counterweight has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Counterweight shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services. We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that you visit.
We may terminate or suspend access to our Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms. All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
‘Use of the Website from outside the UK” – Use of the Counterweight Support Website from outside the UK Unless specified otherwise, the Website and its content cover Our products and services available in the UK or the Republic of Ireland (ROI) as applicable. If You access the Website from outside the UK or the ROI, please be aware that You are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
‘Content of the Website‘ – We have taken reasonable care in the preparation of the content of the Counterweight Support Website. Information and materials provided by Us are provided in good faith using sources that We believe to be reliable. However, the content of the Website is provided for general information only and is not intended to amount to advice upon which You should rely. Any reliance You place on such content is at your own risk. You are responsible for ensuring that any information or services available on or through the Website meet Your specific requirements and You should seek specialist advice before taking or refraining from taking any action based on the content available on or via the Website. We use reasonable endeavours to make sure that the information on the Website is correct, but We do not guarantee that the Website content is error-free or entirely suitable for Your particular requirements or will achieve any particular results in Your or any case.
‘Your Use of the Website‘ – You may only use the Counterweight Support Website for lawful purposes and You may not use it in a way that infringes anyone else’s rights or that restricts or inhibits anyone else’s enjoyment of the Website. You are prohibited from using or exploiting Our Website or content:
• for any commercial purposes without Our express written permission;
• for data mining or for market research purposes or for collecting users’ personal or contact information;
• for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm anyone in any way;
• to divert users to other websites;
• to promote, advertise or market any other services or products without Our prior written approval;
• for any unlawful or fraudulent purpose, or in a way which breaches any applicable local, national, or international law or regulation;
• to transmit, or procure the sending of unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material (spam);
• to knowingly transmit, send or upload any data or material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, timebombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or other programs or code designed to harm or adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
• to interfere with, damage or disrupt the Website or any part of it including any computer code, equipment, a network comprising or used in the provision of the Website.
You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to Our Website, the server on which Our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to Our Website. You must not attack Our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision, You would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and We will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing Your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, Your right to use Our Website will cease immediately. Please note that any unauthorised use of the Website, any part of it, or its content may give rise to a claim for damages and may be a criminal offence.
Privacy Notice – Provides a brief and clear overview of Our collection, use, and disclosure of Your information when You use the Service and tells You about Your privacy rights and how the law protects You
Legal Disclaimer – Provides a brief and clear overview of Our Ethics and Services
‘Submitting Enquiries‘ – All enquiries submitted to Us should be polite and must not:
• contain any material which is defamatory of any person or which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
• be threatening, abusive or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
• be likely to deceive any person or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
‘Counterweight Support Services‘
1) Do we have an age requirement?
2) The description of Counterweight Support services in ‘CW Toolbox’ and ‘Get Help’ pages on the Counterweight Support website or other forms of advertisement.
3) In the case of the Counterweight Support services made to your special requirements, it is your responsibility to ensure that any information or specification you provide is accurate.
4) All services which appear on the Counterweight Support website are subject to availability.
5) We can make changes to the Counterweight Support services which are necessary to comply with any applicable UK and ROI Law or safety requirements. We will notify you of these changes where such notification is necessary.
‘Counterweight Support Client Responsibilities‘
1) You must co-operate with us in all matters relating to the Counterweight Support services, provide us and our authorised employees and representatives with all information required to perform the Counterweight Support services and obtain any necessary licences and consents (unless otherwise agreed). All information you provide to amicable must be up-to-date, accurate and true.
2) Failure to comply with 1 above is a Counterweight Support client default which entitles us to suspend the performance of the Counterweight Support Services until you remedy it or if you fail to remedy it following our request, we can terminate the agreement with immediate effect on written notice to you.
3) It is your responsibility to use the service in accordance with our safeguarding information. Failure to comply with the safeguarding rules is a Counterweight Support client default which entitles us to suspend your account with immediate effect, without notice or financial compensation for services offered and only partially delivered.
1) You may view Our Website pages, download Our Website pages for caching purposes only, and print Our Website pages (excluding images). You agree that you are only authorised to visit, view and retain a copy of pages of Our Website for Your own personal, non-business use and that You shall not duplicate, download, publish, modify or otherwise distribute the material on the Our Website for any purpose other than this.
2) You may link to Our home page, provided You do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
3) You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on Our part where none exists.
4) You must not establish a link to Our Website on any website that is not owned by you.
5) Our Website must not be framed on any other site, nor may You create a link to any part of Our Website other than the home page without express permission in writing. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
6) The content and software on Our Website are the property of Counterweight Support and is protected by UK and international copyright laws.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material we will try to provide at least 15 days notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion. By continuing to access or use our Service after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, please stop using the Service.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us here.
Want to help us deliver principled and knowledgeable content on the topic of political polarisation? Support Counterweight and gain access to exclusive content by becoming a patron.Become a Patron!